NFCA issues Covid-19 information and resources
The National Floor Covering Association (NFCA) based in Surrey, B.C., has issued a message to members about available resources and information related to business operations during the Covid-19 pandemic, including offering webinars to members at no charge.
The association stresses performing due diligence in helping prevent the spread of the virus.
It has also posted construction site guidelines provided the Victoria, B.C.-based British Columbia Construction Association, which suggest:
- reduce the number of people on-site — if needed, adjust schedules or scale back;
- wear personal protective equipment at all times as long as it is safe to do so — safety goggles, masks, and gloves;
- do not share your personal protective equipment;
- workers should not congregate in break areas and lunchrooms; workers should not share tools;
- if possible, provide extra handwashing stations;
- do not share cigarettes and/or vaping equipment;
- do not rideshare or carpool to and from work; clean out jobsite trailers daily — arrange for commercial cleaners to clean and disinfect areas of the project;
- introduce an on-site Covid-19 committee to create a best practices plan to ensure worker safety;
- create a task force focused on supporting your company’s staff and customers; and,
- make sure workers know they should not come to work if they’re feeling sick.
More resources with links can be found at www.nfca.ca.