Mapeguard Heat from Mapei is a lightweight uncoupling, crack-isolation and waterproofing membrane that also provides vapour management and load support.
It is designed to speed the installation of tile and stone in interior rooms such as bathrooms, kitchens and three-season rooms where the luxury of radiant floor heating is desired.
The membrane’s thin profile is said to work well with remodeling projects where the new floor will be installed directly over a preexisting one.
Once the heating cable is set within the membrane’s patented, rounded square reliefs, a tile mortar can be applied immediately.
Features and benefits include:
- helps prevent transmission of in-plane substrate cracks up to 1/8 in.;
- recommended for use with polymer-modified mortars;
- membrane thickness is less than 1/4 in.;
- minimal roll memory for faster installation; heating cable installs easily, and lays flat and secure; and,
- compatible with a wide variety of radiant electrical heating cables.
- The membrane is suitable for areas with up to 25 lbs. MVER and 100% relative humidity and does not support mold growth.
- The material passes the ANSI A118.10 standard (load bearing, bonded, waterproof membranes for thin-set ceramic tile and dimension stone installation) and ASTM: C627 (Robinson) service rating for “Extra Heavy.”